Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Quilt Happens

Michaela has officially made a baby quilt. It's stunning. i may have helped, a little!! I'm nowhere near the camera I used to take its pictures, so you don't get to see it yet. Imagine a stunning first-ever quilt that's so bright and cheerful you'll be boggled.

Eileen is going to be making herself a GORGEOUS throw quilt for snuggling under. I let her "shop" from my stash, since I've gotten to the point that I can truly recognize my hoarding tendencies... I have an entire bureau of fabric, excluding several ongoing projects that are in baskets. So that's 4 drawers stuffed full of fabric for "someday." So how 'bout NOW? She chose some really luscious batik fabrics; the things I love about batiks are the color saturation and the great splashy variations. Yum. I set her to cutting squares on Sunday, while Michaela and I churned out wonky quilt blocks.

On Monday (and I'm backtracking because work has been SO busy lately I haven't even taken lunch breaks to post!!) I went to the first ever meeting of the brand-spanking-new Windham Charity Knitting and Crocheting group! It's going to be held the first Monday of every month from 7 to 9 at the Windham Library! It was fun and I met a gaggle of knitters. Come one, come all, to chillax and create for others. Oh and there's snacks, too!

And because i thought this was funny:

No comments: